Are you interested in how computer graphics or video games work, but always thought that it must be overly complicated? Or you were scared by the plethora of frameworks and didn’t know where to start?
Join us for a special introduction on game development, and code a simple retro game in only 2 hours!
We will use a very simple “retro” style of framework, show you how to turn a serious text-mode computer into a fun interactive experience, move stuff on the screen over a playfield according to the keybaord input, and how to replicate some classic graphical effects.
During this workshop, we will be:
– Giving a quick introduction on retro games
– Making a little game together: showing a playfield, and a controllable character over it
– Explaining the basics of collision, movement and gravity
– Making it more interesting with simple animation
– GitHub account (to be able to fork a boilerplate)
– Git & Node.js installed on your computer
About Le Wagon Tokyo
Le Wagon Tokyo (https://www.lewagon.com/) is a coding school for startups, creative people and tech entrepreneurs. Our 9-week Full-Stack Coding Bootcamp (https://www.lewagon.com/program) is designed for complete beginners or “half-beginners” who really want to dive into programming and, above all, change their mindset. Learn to think like a developer, consider issues with new insight, and become more autonomous thanks to these newly acquired abilities.
The next Tokyo batch will start on July 1st and applications are open. (https://www.lewagon.com/apply/tokyo) Still considering whether to apply or not? Try our free online track! (https://www.lewagon.com/learn-to-code)